In the last Beacon
, we shared a recipe
from Simple and Lean
by Sally Obermeder and Maha Koraiem.
Sally is co-host of Channel 7’s The Daily Edition, founder of lifestyle blog SWIISH.com and a breast cancer survivor. Her sister, Maha Koraiem, is a certified Health and Nutrition Coach.
Here, Sally and Maha share another of their favourite recipes from Simple and Lean – a pink gelato perfect for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Pick up a copy of Simple and Lean from Kmart, Big W, Target, Myer, David Jones, a good bookstore or shop.swiish.com.
TWO-MINUTE STRAWBERRY GELATO
DAIRY FREE // GLUTEN FREE // NUT FREE // SUGAR FREE // VEGAN // VEGETARIAN // PALEO // 201 KJ/48 CAL PER SERVE // SERVES 4
- 600 g (4 cups) frozen strawberries
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) orange juice
- mint leaves, to serve (optional)
- seeds of 1 pomegranate, to serve (optional)
- Blend the strawberries and orange juice in a food processor until well combined (you can use a blender if yours can blend frozen ingredients).
- Top with the mint leaves and/or pomegranate seeds (if using).
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
This is a hands-down favourite with both the kids and the grown-ups! I’ve found I have to be quick if I want any before my mini me, Annabelle, devours it! – Sally